Custom Search
Fix Your Marriage

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Wedding Present

This summer, we have more than a few weddings coming up.  While I look forward to these events with great anticipation, I always have difficulty coming up with an idea for that perfect wedding present.  I know I will also be invited to the bridal showers for these events, which leads me to need two presents instead of just one.

The good thing is that bridal shower presents can generally be purchased from a wedding registry, and if you go to the store early you can get good pick and wind up with something that you really want to give to the recipient.  However, if you wait too long after receiving the invitation, presents will be picked over and you may end up with something that would not be your first choice.  In the end, though, bridal shower presents are generally much easier to purchase than a great wedding present.

I probably over think things, but I try to give a wedding present that goes along with a theme.  For instance, if I know they like being outdoors, one of my favorite gifts to give is a really nice all inclusive picnic basket and a few bottles of wine.  Or, if I purchase something like a mixer I also like to include a few personal recipes or even a full cook book purchased from a store.  Generally, I think it is nice to try to keep a wedding gift on a smaller size scale because it is difficult to transport gifts after a wedding reception.  Trying to keep that in mind, things can get a little dicey!

Many times, the type of wedding gift you give can depend on the area the wedding is taking place.  Some areas of the country have customary gifts, especially if it is given from a family member.  Also, in many areas of the country it is customary to simply give some form of money as a wedding gift.  I know in my area of the country, you very rarely see wedding gifts on the table during the wedding, but there are plenty of cards containing money.  However, when I go to family weddings in the Midwest, a wedding gift is usually a physical present and not money.

I am sure I will find something to give as gifts for my upcoming weddings, and I’m sure I will overanalyze what I end up giving.  I will have to just remember that it is the thought that counts, and if worse comes to worst I can always give the appreciated gift of cash!
Bride - Using Crochet for Memorable Gifts for Bride and Guests
Romantic Gourmet Picnic For Two Wedding Time Capsule Gift Set

No comments:

Post a Comment